From UFStarfleet LCARS
A Personnel Specialist is responsible to the Director of Personnel or person nominated by the Director of Personnel.
- A Personnel Specialist is a full time position within UFS. The Personnel Specialist's main role in UFS is to handle all personnel related matters and is only a member of a chapter (Ship/Station) for membership status.
- A Personnel Specialist is responsible for assisting in the management of the biographical information of the UFS membership in regards to transfers, assignments, terminations, updates of service jackets, etc.
- A Personnel Specialist is not a position simply for the sake of role play. While we do role play within our positions, we do not role play as a division at this point. Anyone wishing to be a Personnel Specialist can take another double billet position for the sake of role play.
- A Personnel Specialist MUST show up often to complete the tasks they are assigned. The jobs we do are crucial to the every day running of UFS. People not doing their jobs within Personnel will be removed and transferred to another Branch or Division.
Personnel Specialist Duties
- Creating and keeping the Service Jackets up to date with correct membership information such as classes, positions, rank, and awards.
- Taking pictures for Service Jackets, cropping pictures, and uploading pictures to the Wiki, placing on the respective Service Jacket.
- Processing PCS Orders and 2nd Billets and Initial PCS Orders in a timely manner.(Command Codes required)
- Processing LOA requests, MemberChange of Status Requests, and keeping track of dates and specifics of both.
- Responsible for listing vacancies provided by Branch Heads and Command Officers (Command Code required) to the Vacancy Forum.
- Keeping all Personnel copy of Branch/Ship/Station positions on spreadsheet up to date with the most current information.
- Working with the Academy to guide new graduates on information needed to secure their initial PCS Orders from their Senior Projects, if over 30 days and not assignment, refer to the Midshipman Program..
- Working with the Academy to guide new graduates on information needed to secure their initial Service Jacket.
- Resposible for the addition of Promotions and awards, both monthly and yearly, to the members service jackets.
- Introduction to UF Starfleet
- Protocols and Procedures
- History of UFS I
- Introduction to the United Federation of Planets
- Introduction to UFS Command Branch
- Introduction to UFS Operations
- Interpersonal Communications
- UFS Ethics
- Federation Law
- Orders and Directives
- Introduction to Diplomacy
- Operations Protocols
Suggestions (Not Required)
- History of UFS II
- Introduction to UFS Communications
- Bridge Duty Stations
- Introduction to Leadership
- Helmsman Protocol (if applicable per branch)
- Transporter Certification
- History of Starships I
- History of Starships II
- Command Protocols I
- Operations Officer (to be developed) (if applicable per branch)
- Prime Directive I
- Prime Directive II
- Pre Flight
- Basic Flight
- Workbee Operations
- Sim Training - 4hrs minimum
- Sim Training - 15 hrs minimum